Stuffed Portabello Mushrooms
Meaty and Mouth-watering!
These stuffed and meaty Portabello mushrooms can be eaten on their own or as a side dish. The mushroom caps are stuffed with diced red bell peppers, sweet onion, garlic, panko bread crumbs, shredded mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. It’s a delicious mouth-watering combination!
- 2 portabello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the portabello mushroom caps carefully and pat dry.
- Prep the vegetables. Dice the red bell pepper and sweet onion. Then mince two cloves of peeled garlic.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of diced peppers, 1/4 cup of diced sweet onion, minced garlic, 1/2 cup of Panko bread crumbs, 1/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, 1 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the portabello caps with the mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approx. 25 – 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking until the stuffing has a golden brown color. Serve immediately