Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
I don’t bake but I tried this – Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread!!
Even though I don’t have a big sweet tooth (I’m more of a salt craver), I thought it was appropriate to make a treat for Halloween. Baking takes a lot of precision, so it’s usually not my cup of tea. This could have easily been called – My baking misadventures!
🙂 Don’t expect a gallery of photos documenting the step-by-step process to make this. My baking misadventures are not a pretty sight!
Luckily all ended well. Yes, success! The ingredient substitutions (gluten free flour & Truvia) worked out fabulously. This skinny pumpkin cream cheese bread was delicious. I may be trying to makeover some other baking recipes soon ;-). Ha! One baking success and I already have a false sense of confidence….
I hope you give this recipe a try!
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 233 g Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour Blend* (approx. 1 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 c. Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz. Greek Cream Cheese
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 10 g All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour* (approx. 2 tsp)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the pumpkin bread batter, beat the pumpkin puree, applesauce, egg, and egg whites on medium speed until smooth.
- Using a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: gluten free flour blend, Truvia baking blend, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until completely blended.
- To make the cream cheese filling, combine the Greek cream cheese, Truvia baking blend, vanilla, egg whites and gluten free flour blend. Beat until creamy and smooth.
- Spray 2 8x4x2″ loaf pans with non-stick spray. You may also use mini loaf pans instead.
- Divide half of the pumpkin bread batter evenly between your pans. Smooth with the back of a spoon. Now divide, your cream cheese filling between your pans. Using the remaining pumpkin bread batter, divide evenly between your pans. This will cover your cream cheese mixture. Now, smooth out the top of the batter.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. It may be ready sooner if you use the mini loaf pans. Keep a close eye on it. The bread may become dry if you overbake. Let cool, then remove from pans. Store in your refrigerator in an airtight container to keep fresh.