Roasted Maple Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts are an awesome Fall vegetable that you can pair with either chicken, meat or fish
Here’s a quick and easy brussels sprouts recipe that I make in a cast iron skillet in the oven. This side dish will be a family favorite. It’s ready in just 40 minutes (prep & roasting time). I made this recipe recently with my Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp. (click for recipe)
Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees. To clean the brussels sprouts – rinse then remove the outer older looking leaves. Then cut off the bottom stem and slice in half. Place into a cast-iron skillet or ovenproof pan. I love using my cast iron skillet since it heats very evenly.
Toss the brussels sprouts in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil & 1 tsp of kosher salt. You can do this directly in your skillet or pan. Place in the oven and roast at 375 degrees for approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
When the brussels sprouts are almost ready (maybe 5 minutes to go), remove them from the oven. Toss with 2 Tbsp. of pure maple syrup, coating them thoroughly. Yes, use only the pure maple syrup – the good stuff :). The brussels sprouts will have a touch of sweetness. It will also help achieve a nice golden brown color.
Return to oven for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Ready and so yummy!
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. of pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the out leaves from the brussels sprouts. Cut off the bottom stem and slice in half. Wash thoroughly and pat dry.
- Toss brussels sprouts in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil & 1 tsp of kosher salt in a cast iron skillet.
- Place in the oven and roast at 375 degrees for approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
- When the brussels sprouts are almost ready, take out of the oven and add 2 Tbsp of real maple syrup. Toss coating thoroughly.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes until golden brown.