Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Nothing Like a Warm Quinoa Breakfast Bowl on a Cool Fall Morning… Yum!
Try this dairy-free, gluten-free Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. It has an excellent flavor with a combination of carbs and protein that will give you the energy to start your morning right. This hearty breakfast is a good source of fiber and will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
- 3/4 cup cashew milk, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-2 packets of Stevia sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. roasted pumpkin seeds
- Rinse and drain quinoa.
- Bring cashew milk and water to boil in small pot.
- Add the quinoa and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add pumpkin puree, Stevia sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Continue cooking until almost all the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked. If the liquid is absorbed before the quinoa is fully cooked, you may add a bit more cashew milk.
- Transfer to bowls. Sprinkle nutmeg and roasted pumpkin seeds on top and serve. Enjoy!