Make these low calorie lettuce wraps! Instead of using a soft tortilla, you can use Boston lettuce to wrap your filling. I filled these wraps with the Cucumber, Jalapeño and Red Onion salsa and some grilled lean flank steak. You can use any type of salsa with lean protein. Stay away from anything creamy, as the calories add up quickly.
- 1 lb lean flank steak
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 head of Boston lettuce
- Cucumber, Jalapeño and Red Onion salsa [url href=”http://lumauceri.ipage.com/cucumber-jalapeno-and-red-onion-salsa/” target=”_blank”](recipe)[/url]
- Preheat grill pan on medium to medium-high heat. Rub the flank steak with 1 tsp of olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or any other desired herb or spices… be creative! 🙂
- Grill the flank steak for 5 minutes on one side. Flip and continue grilling on the other side. Continue until cooked to desired temperature. To take the guess work out, I always use a meat thermometer to bring it to my desired temperature. I find the flank steak tastes best either medium or medium rare. Let rest for 5 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Divide and wash you Boston lettuce into individual leaves. Pat dry.
- Lay one or two overlapping lettuce leaves flat, add approximately 1.5 ounces of grilled flank steak strips. Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of salsa. Roll the lettuce leaf around the filling. Approximately 3 wraps per serving.